Big issue here. I hadn’t noticed this would take so long. I guess it’s part of the dev process, right?
So to go into more detail – I have to work for a living. And I work in Game Development with my own studio, Natural Power Games and clients all over the world. This leads to me spending long hours coding and having less and less inspiration to write MORE code.
My solution is to divide this game, the Tamagotchilike, into at least 2 parts. Part I is the base systems, what I’m doing now. I need minigames for the pet to play, for the people to want to play the pet.
- All base systems (needs, creation, saving)
- Minigame interface, maybe 1 test minigame
- UI sprites
- Some character stuff like sample animations, a character that works as a pet
- Some actual minigames
- Bone animation and part based evolution of the character
- Starting Multiplayer
- Hopefully getting multiplayer to work (I know this won’t be a thing)
Phase III: Let’s hope phase II ends everything and 3 is just updates!
I wanted to release the game by the end of August but I’m far away from that. I need to find an asset pack that satisfies me and isn’t too expensive, add the art everywhere, then test test test.
Let’s see how this rolls.